- On signing up with Visual Stories, you can submit content to any and all websites in the Visual Stories Network (VSN).
- Based on the subjects each website caters to, you can choose one or more websites where you would like to submit Stories.
- There is no limit to the number of websites you can select to guest blog on.
- For a detailed look at the websites in VSN and the subjects they cater to, visit Niches for Guest Posting.
- Create Stories on the topics you like and submit them to the websites they best fit into.
- Do not submit one Story to the same website twice. Submitting the same content to multiple websites is also discouraged.
- We do not accept plagiarized content.
- We encourage concise content that is authentic, trustworthy, and of high quality.
- Submit original work, that is complete and checked for grammatical and typographical errors.
- Write precise and highly engaging content that your readers would love.
- Harness the Stories format to save your readers from information overload.
- While writing content in the Stories format, it is advisable to distribute it across slides, where each slide makes a separate point and in less words.
- In every slide, you can create a section card and one or more rich text cards or video cards. They are called ‘layers’. A section card defines a section in the Story. You can write content and add an image in a rich text card, and add a video to a video card. You can add multiple layers to a single rich text card and a video card.
- Remember, you are writing in a mobile-focused format. You are catering to readers who want snackable content and are on the go. So use less text, supplement your words with rich visuals and give the readers an amazing tap-through experience.
- Keep the word count of your Story between 200 and 1000.
- From your Story, you can link to your product/service page or to your official website. For every Story, only one link will be allowed. Links should be with the genuine intention to help a reader. Excessive linking is highly discouraged.
- You will get credit for your written work. Your name will be displayed below the Story you write.
- You don't need to be a recognized blogger or author to contribute content to VSN. We offer a promising platform for those coming to us with a business intent to promote their product/service through content marketing. And also to anyone who loves to write and wants a platform to reach out to readers across the globe.
- Every content contributor will have an author profile that features Stories written by him/her.
Watch this video to get a walkthrough of creating an AMP Story.
- Though replete with visuals and animations, Stories are fast to load. So, with a good choice of images, your Stories are sure to take user experience a notch higher.
- To beautify your textual content, you can use images from our huge Image Library which can be used for free. You can also upload images to the library.
- The library of free-to-use images has thousands of images cut in the right sizes, so they show up well on all devices, and perfectly fill mobile screens. You can use them as backgrounds for your Stories. The library also has images that can be used as foreground images. Since they are cut in the appropriate sizes, you can use them without worrying about their visibility on screens of different resolutions.
- The images you upload, will be added to your own personal library and will not be available for others to use.
- If you want the uploaded image to be usable as a background image, its height should be a minimum of 928 px and its width should be a minimum of 928 px. After uploading an image of this recommended size, you will need to crop it in three different sizes, namely portrait, landscape and square. Using an intuitive interface, you can select the area of the image and/or resize it to match the Story requirements. An uploaded image which does not fit the minimum height and width requirements for background images, will be, by default, added as a foreground image.
- If you are uploading an image for the first slide in your Story, it should fit the size requirements of a background image (min height: 928 px, min width: 928 px). For any other slide in your Story, these height and width requirements are recommended but not mandatory.
- After uploading an image, you will need to give it an alternative text (alt) and keywords. Alt text is the text that provides alternative information about the image and keywords facilitate easy searching of that image. The alt text and keywords should describe the image suitably.
- You can show image credits, if you wish to, for the images you upload. This is optional.
- When adding images in your Story, choose the ones relevant to the subject of each slide. You can apply a different background image to each slide and a different foreground image to each slide. The foreground image for a slide should depend on the topic being covered by it.
- Once you apply a cover image to your Story, it will be, by default, applied to all the slides of your Story unless you add a different background or foreground image to a particular slide.
- Along with images, you can also use videos in your Story. They can be used as background or foreground to complement your textual content.
- You can upload your own videos. They will be added to your personal library and will not be accessible to any other user.
- You can upload Portrait, Landscape and Square videos. The size of these videos should be less than 6 MB and their duration can be 5 minutes at most.
- The file formats for the videos to be uploaded should be .mp4/.webm/.ogg.
- A Poster Image will be needed for each video. It will be displayed in place of the video clip until it loads.
- Portrait videos will be used as background and play in loop by default. You can turn off the looping and change the layout later.
- Landscape and Square videos cannot be used as background videos. They must be used as foreground videos.
- You will have to give title and keywords for every video to facilitate easy searching of that video. The title and keywords should describe the video appropriately.
- You can show video credits, if you wish to, for the videos you upload. This is optional.
- Choose videos such that they are relevant to the content of the Story.
- A Story can be customized at two levels; Story-level and card-level. Customizations chosen through Story settings will apply to the entire Story while those chosen at the card level will apply to that particular card only.
- Overlay customization allows you to turn the overlay ON or OFF. If turned ON, you can select an overlay color of your choice. Text customization lets you choose a text color.
Note: You cannot apply overlay to a background video.
- You can further customize stories with the help of layouts and themes.
- Layouts work at card-level and let you decide the positions of the text, image and video in a card. Themes work at Story-level and let you choose the text color and overlay color for your Story.
Publishing of Stories
- Once you submit your Story, it will be considered as ready for publishing. It can take anywhere between 2 days to a week to have your Story published.
- Should there be any scope for enhancements, it will be sent to you for re-evaluation. After the required changes are made, you can resubmit your Story.
- To speed up the process of content publishing, we urge you to submit posts that are finalized and complete. Submitting incomplete work will delay the approvals as our moderators will find it difficult to publish it as is, or they may have to revert to you with changes.
- The Visual Stories team holds the right to remove or change your content (text, images and videos) if it does not adhere to our guidelines or meet the requirements for becoming a Story.
Things To Avoid
- Refrain from writing content that endorses or promotes any form of violence and/or obscenity. Avoid using images and/or videos that may appear misleading or are unsightly.
- Avoid spamming of links and keywords in your Story as it affects the search engine rankings of your content and also has a negative impact on readability and user experience.
- Do not send any work which is already posted elsewhere or is intended to.
- Do not submit incomplete work.
- Use Stories to explain how to do something or how something works. Let the readers tap through precisely written steps supported by good images/videos.
- Take photos of your product or videos of how your business functions and wrap your content into a compelling Story. It will prove to be an affective way to promote your business.
- Share tips, advice or your experiences with your readers. Write in the Stories format.
- Compile facts and trivia about anything interesting and present them in the form of an immersive Story. Owing to their full-screen images and crisp text, your Stories will surely boost user engagement.
- Give tricks, hacks or DIY instructions in the form of visually rich, tap-through Stories. Being easy to understand, the readers will find your content really helpful.
- Narrate Stories of intriguing things happening in your life or around you and grab the user’s attention.
- Entice your readers with book or movie reviews or critical analyses of literary works. Write about famous figures in history or about the lives of celebrities. Present your content in the form of video and image-rich Stories.
- Inspire readers through motivational quotes or make them smile with funny and witty one-liners. Turn a dull day around with brilliant Stories that touch someone's heart.
- Give fitness mantras, wellness tips, stress busters or any good information that can ease someone’s life. Write this in the form of highly engaging Stories.
- Write about anything that’s trending and create quick-loading news Stories.
- Put together funny, witty, inspiring or just eye-pleasing photos in the form of beautiful Stories.
- Don’t limit your writing to just these ideas; they were only a few. For anything worthy of being written on, choose Visual Stories.